I commented on Sarah’s blog and got tagged back, so here are my answers:
8 things I am passionate about
- Helping people
- Making sure people feel like they’re a part of the group—especially those on the fringe
- Learning new things
- Making good use of my intellect (however dangerous that may be)
- Clean code! If you don’t indent, I’m coming after you!
8 things I often say
- Good plan.
- Sounds like a plan.
- I support that.
- I’m not a fan.
- Ok, I think I know how to do this. (true about half of the time)
- Well, Soren Kierkegaard said…
- Send me the XML response.
- Clean code!
8 things I want to do before I die
- Finish a screenplay
- Play a show where people are actually paying to see me (and my band)
- Record another album
- Go on an overseas mission
- Take someone in and help them get on their feet in life (it’s part of why I wanted a big house)
- Get published (and online doesn’t count)
- See Radiohead live
- Visit Japan
8 things I have learned from my past
- The people who are a total drain on those around them usually don’t consider themselves to be so. The opposite is also true.
- There is a very delicate balance to everything. Sometimes this is found within one person, but very often it is found only in many.
- The popularity of a show, song, group, or idea means very little if you’re not like most people.
- Things are usually more complicated than they initially seem. So are people.
- We are not the masters of our own fate. Life is 30% determination, 30% circumstance, and 40% chance.
- Conversely, no matter what happens around you, you are 100% responsible for your actions.
- Positive thinking is an overreaction to cynicism. Irresponsible optimism can be just crippling in life as complete apathy.
- If something has never been done before, there’s usually a good reason for it.
8 places I would love to visit
- Kona, Hawaii (where I grew up and where some of my grandparents live)
- New York (where my sister lives)
- Florida (where my parents live)
- The bathroom… be right back
8 things I currently need/want
- A set of bongo drums with stand
- A stand for my djembe
- A bass drum (sensing a theme here?)
- Two fast crash cymbals with stands
- A 10″ wood snare
- A baritone guitar
- Fallout 3 (due out in a month!)
- My wife
8 people I tag
This is the part where I find out how few of my friends read my blog.
- Adam Hamilton (because why not?)
- Zoey (who needs to blog!)
- I’ll take the first person to comment on this blog!
If I tagged you, copy all of this and fill it out on your blog. If you dare!