For those who don’t know, the full-length garment that some Muslim women wear is called a burkha. It covers her body entirely. But, as you can imagine, it gets a little heavy when one goes swimming.
Enter the burkini. That’s right—it’s a swimsuit that covers your entire body.
Truth be told, I’m glad this exists. I’m glad that Muslim women can now go swimming in public. It’s good to know that someone is thinking about their liberty.
Here are some similar products I think we need:
- A suit for Fundamentalist Christians that will protect them from science.
- A suit for Liberal Christians that will protect them from the words “judgment” and “sin.”
- A suit for Calvinists that will protect them from… nothing! It doesn’t matter what you wear!
- A suit for people who do stunts with skateboards to protect them from showing up on America’s Funniest Home Videos.
- A suit for Canadians that will protect them from grizzly bears. Oh wait, they already have that.
- A suit for feminists that will protect them from men with a sense of humor. (Before you tell me, I already know all too well: “That’s not funny!”)
- A suit for idealists that will protect them from reality.
Expect to see these hit the shelves sometime by 2010.